November 7, 2017 State Referendum Election
Absentee ballots are available for the June 13, 2017 Annual Municipal and Town Meeting Referendum Election and the State Special Referendum Election; applications are being accepted for the MSAD # 6 Validation Referendum Election that ballot will be mailed after the MSAD#6 Budget Hearing which is being held on June 1, 2017.
FMI – Call 642-4678, 642-4713, 642-4681 or 642-8841
ABSENTEE BALLOT APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE FOR NOVEMBER 8, 2016 GENERAL ELECTION
Ballots will be mailed once they are received -- on or about October 8, 2016
If you prefer, you can call the Town Clerk’s Office at the following numbers to have an absentee ballot set to you:
642-4678, 642-8841, 642-4681 or 642-4713
Polls are held at the Standish Municpal Center - Poll are open from 6 a.m. until 8 p.m.
November 3, 2015 Referendum Election
Read Results for November 3, 2015 Special and Referendum Election
- Click here for the application for a state absentee ballot for the November 3, 2015 State Referendum Election.
- Read information regarding the ballot questions, by clicking here.
- Read information relating to absentee voting by clicking here.
Past Election Information
Annual Town Meeting to be Held on June 13, 2015 at 9:00 am.
Click here to read the results for the Annual Municipal and Referendum Election held on June 9, 2015.
Absentee Ballots are available for the June 9, 2015 Annual Municipal and Referendum Election.
For more information on the election or on how to obtain an absentee ballot call the Town Clerk Office at: (207) 642-4678, (207) 642-8841, (207) 642-4681, or (207) 642-4713.
Election Results - September 9, 2014
Special Town Meeting Referendum Election
For more information - Call Mary Chapman at (207) 642-4678.
Election Results - June 10, 2014
- Results for Annual Municipal and Referendum Election
- Standish Results for MSAD 6 Validation Referendum
- Standish Results for the State Primary Ballots
- Read the Town Sample Ballot
- Read the MSAD 6 Sample Ballot
- Click here to view the Election & Voting page on the Maine Department of the Secretary of State website.
The Town of Standish is divided into four areas for Council and Planning Board representation. Both of these boards consist of seven members; one member is elected from each of the town "areas" and three "at large" members are elected. Even though these members are "area representatives" the voters of the entire Town elect them.
- Town Areas - Description of areas from Charter Sec. 201 Town Code
Voters of the Town of Standish also elect Standish representatives to Maine School Board Administration District 6 Board of Directors and Town Budget Committee. Both of these boards consist entirely of "at large" membership.
As of January 1, 2014 the Town of Standish has new State Representative and Senate Districts:
- The Standish Senate District is 26
- The Standish House Districts are 22 and 23